Bethany Beach Weddings
Bethany Beach is a family friendly beach in southern Delaware. Nestled between Fenwick Island and Dewey Beach, this beautiful strip of coastline is ideal for small weddings by the sea. Couples that would like to get married on the beach in Bethany will need a Delaware Marriage License. We’ll go over the permits, ceremony locations and the best wedding venues in Bethany Beach. Simple Bethany Beach elopement packages begin at $450.
Do you need a Permit to get Married on Bethany Beach?
Yes, a Bethany Beach Wedding Permit is required to have your ceremony on the beach. There is no fee and the bridal party is required to clean up after themselves. Ceremonies with decorations should not occur during lifeguard hours. Summer weddings should either take place before 9 AM or after 6 pm in the evening.
Wedding Officiants must be recognized by the state of Delaware and should have a valid certificate of ordination to legally perform the ceremony. The best spot for the ceremony is usually as close to where your staying as possible. The best time for a Bethany Beach ceremony is about an hour before sunset. here’s a video of a beautiful sunset wedding on Bethany Beach:
The quietest beaches are usually a few blocks north or south of the boardwalk. It’s usually easier for guests to find parking away from the main strip. Our favorite spot is the Oakwood Street beach, a few blocks south of the main tourist area. The top Beach Wedding Vendors can be found at the Seacrets OC Bridal Show in April.
What are the Best Wedding Venues in Bethany Beach, DE?
Bethany has plenty of beach houses but very few hotels. That’s part of its charm. The larger venues are a bit further west on Route 26 and Ocean View. There are several lively restaurants within walking distance of the boardwalk.
Here are our choices for the best Bethany Beach Wedding Venues of 2021:
- Bethany Beach Suites is a new hotel located on Hollywood Street at the heart of the boardwalk. It’s home to Oceans 99 restaurant which overlooks the boardwalk and beach. It is by far the most contemporary hotel in Bethany Beach, DE.
- Bethany Blues has the best BBQ in Bethany Beach. They have an amazing selection of entrees and full service catering is available form their Bethany and Lewes Delaware locations. Ask about their beach delivery!
- Bear Trap Dunes is a few miles down the road on Route 26. Its sits on a pristine golf course and tented weddings are available on their gorgeous lawn outside the Dunes Room. This is the largest wedding venue in the Bethany Beach area.
- Sedona has some of the tastiest food in Bethany. It’s a cozy venue for small ceremonies and its Tapas menu is perfect for sharing. A short walk from the boards, this American fusion restaurant is ideal for rehearsal dinners and romantic elopements.
- Mangos is the liveliest spot in Bethany beach. Best for casual receptions right after a ceremony on the beach. Home to tropical drinks and Caribbean delights, this is the best late night venue for the younger wedding crowd.
- Addy Sea is a historical Bed & breakfast located a few blocks north of the boardwalk. It has Victorian charm and is a romantic spot for weddings and vow renewals. Bethany’s only 100 year old wedding venue can accommodate 120 guests and sleeps up to 29 people.
- 14 Global has a spectacular menu of international dishes. It’s a bit small for large receptions but is a trendy spot for rehearsal dinners and honeymoons.
Bethany Beach DE is a magnificent spot to get married by the sea. It’s peaceful and family friendly with plenty of top shelf restaurants nearby. If you’re planning a destination wedding in Delaware, this is place to be!