Dewey Beach Weddings
Dewey Beach is a fun and vibrant spot for a beach wedding. Tucked between Bethany Beach and Rehoboth, Dewey is the night life capitol of southern Delaware. We’ll explore the permits required to get married, how to get a marriage license and explore the best wedding venues in Dewey Beach, DE.
Do you need a Permit to get Married on Dewey Beach?
Yes, couples that would like to get married on the sand will need a permit. The permit is issued by the Town Manager and the fee is $100. The phone number is 302-227-6363. Ceremonies must be less than thirty minutes. Summer set ups cannot begin until after the lifeguards leave the beach at 5 pm. Weddings may not commence until 5:30 and the best time for a ceremony is about an hour before sunset. Any legally ordained Minister with a Certificate of Ordination may perform the ceremony. Couples will need a Delaware Marriage License to be properly wed. The license must be obtained at least one day prior to the nuptials. Parking is sparse in the summer time so plan accordingly. Dewey Beach Elopement packages begin at $500.
What are the Best Wedding Venues in Dewey Beach?
Though only a mile long and a few blocks wide, Dewey Beach has some excellent wedding venues. The top wedding vendors that serve the area can be found at the Seacrets Bridal Show in April. Without further ado, here are the best Dewey Beach Wedding Venues for 2021 brides:
- Ivy may be the top wedding venue in Dewey Beach. It sits on the bay and is short walk from the beach. It has an elegant ambience and a decadent menu. Sunset weddings at Ivy are beautiful. It’s sister property North beach is a lively spot for the after party!
- Big Chill Beach Club is the newest wedding venue in Dewey Beach. It’s actually just outside of Dewey, but this open air venue has majestic views of the ocean and the inlet bridge. The event tent can seat 160 guests or up to 200 in a cocktail style format.
- Lighthouse Cove is the most spacious wedding venue within the Dewey City limits. It has scintillating sunset views and is ideal for ceremonies on the bay. With over 4,000 square feet of banquet space, the Lighthouse can handle well over 100 guests.
- Indian River Life Saving Station one of Delaware’s state run venues. Tents are allowed on its beautiful beach and up to 250 guests are allowed. It is the only venue on Delmarva that permits wedding receptions on the beach. You must provide your own tent and catering.
- Hyatt Place is the best hotel in Dewey Beach and an excellent spot to direct your wedding guests. Just a 10 minute walk to the Ocean, it has an indoor venue looking out across the bay. The Hyatt is just steps away from the iconic Lighthouse.
- Nalu Surf Bar is a South Pacific themed restaurant with a Hawaiian flare. Lively entertainment in the evening makes this a popular choice for pre wedding festivities and bachelorette parties.
With its proximity to the beach and bay and abundance of superb wedding venues, Dewey Beach is one of the top beach wedding destinations on the east coast!