Fenwick Island Beach Weddings
Fenwick Island is a nice spot for beach wedding ceremonies. Located between Ocean City and Bethany Beach, it is the quietest of the southern Delaware beaches. It is also the most expensive. We’ll go over the pros and cons of getting married on the Fenwick Island beach and discover the best wedding venues in Fenwick Island, DE.
Do Fenwick Island Beach Weddings Require a Permit?
Yes, ceremonies on Fenwick Island do require a beach wedding permit from the Chief of Police. The phone number is 302-539-3011. There is a non-refundable $150 fee to get married in Fenwick Island . There is also a Police Coverage fee of $100 per hour (2 hour minimum for less than 75 guests, 4 hour minimum for over 75). There is also a refundable deposit of $250 that couples will get back if the beach is in pristine condition when the nuptials are complete.
Ceremonies must take place outside of lifeguard hours during the peak season. Evening ceremonies with decorations can begin no earlier than 6 pm in the summer. Morning and sunrise weddings must conclude by 9 AM. Couples will need a Delaware Marriage License for the ceremony to be valid.
Any legally ordained Wedding Officiant with a valid Certificate of Ordination may perform the ceremony.
The best spot to get married is usually as close to where you are staying as possible. There is limited parking in Fenwick so small ceremonies are often best. The Fenwick Island State Park is managed by the state of Delaware and operates outside the town jurisdiction. There is ample parking but each vehicle pays a fee to enter the park. The fee is $5 for DE residents and $10 if you are out of state. Fenwick Island elopement packages begin at $450.
What are the Best Wedding Venues in Fenwick Island?
Fenwick Island has several excellent restaurants for small ceremonies but there are no major hotels for weddings. Most of the large wedding venues are in West Fenwick or Selbyville. Here is our list of the best Delaware wedding venues and restaurants that are in or near Fenwick Island. The top wedding vendors attend the Ocean City Bridal Show at Seacrets in April.
- Bayside is located in an elegant golf course community. Bridal parties can rent townhouses by the pool. It is a family friendly area with a summer concert series at the Freeman Stage. Ceremonies take place near the water and wedding receptions are at the Signature Restaurant.
- Catch 54 is the first restaurant you’ll see as you exit Fenwick Island. It sits on the water and has a wonderful medley of fresh seafood dishes. It’s sister restaurant Papa Grande’s offers upscale Mexican cuisine and is a nice spot for casual rehearsal dinners.
- Nick’s House of Ribs is technically in OC but sits right on the state line. They newly renovated their upstairs dining area for wedding receptions. They specialize in delicious BBQ and sumptuous MD lump crab cakes. They have an extensive list of craft beers.
- Loft on 54 just renovated it’s upstairs to accommodate medium sized wedding parties. Catering is provided from the downstairs Mia Fratello Italian restaurant. In addition to the Italian wedding classics, they also have seafood entrees and a nice bowl of cream of crab soup.
- Our Harvest is a new restaurant that offers healthy farm to table organic food. They have an extensive wine and cheese list and off premise catering is available. It’s a beautiful spot for elegant family style dining.
- Nantuckets is one of the original Fenwick Island restaurants. It’s a romantic spot for elopers and it’s “Schmoozin” bar is quite popular at happy hour. The food is brilliant and it’s a short walk from the beach. Perfect for small rehearsal dinners!
Fenwick Island is a solid choice for brides considering a destination wedding. Delaware also has no sales tax which is an added perk! It’s a very family friendly resort with plenty of shopping and dining options. If you’d like to help a friend or family member get ordained to perform a Delaware wedding we can help.