Ocean City is blessed with a variety of hotels and wedding venues. We’ve been fortunate to work with most of them and have fostered excellent relationships on site and through the Ocean City Bridal Show. We value the location of the property, condition, customer service, staff turnover, dining and overall aesthetics to formulate our 2021 rankings. Keep reading to discover Ocean City Maryland‘s best wedding venues for 2021!
- The Dunes Manor on 28th st. is an elegant Victorian style hotel with a spacious patio and rocking chairs overlooking the sea. The Verrazano room and the Genesar ballroom are both available for receptions. There are multiple areas bars for your guests to enjoy cocktails prior to the ceremony. The beautiful verandah is one of the best ocean front wedding venues in Ocean city.
- The Grand Hotel on 21st st. has three venues for weddings. The ground floor room looks right across the boardwalk. There is an excellent pre ceremony meeting area with rocking chairs, aromatic coffee shop and automatic doors leading to the boardwalk. It’s the only boardwalk hotel with a Spa.
- The Residence Inn on 61st St. is a gorgeous new bay front wedding venue. It offers expansive balconies with panoramic views of the ocean and bay. Sleek contemporary design with brilliant aquarium. Restaurant, tiki bar, pool & private beach for sunset ceremonies.
- The Cambria Hotel in downtown OC is Ocean City’s newest wedding venue. The first hotel you’ll see as you cross the Route 50 bridge, this contemporary high rise offers sweeping panoramic views of the bay, inlet, boardwalk beaches and Assateague Island.
- The Aloft is a stylish new wedding venue located atop the 45th st. bay. With a modern vibe, water front pool bar, private beach and gorgeous sunset views this new bayside hot spot is an easy walk from Seacrets and shopping.
- The Hyatt Place on 16th st. is one of the newest hotels in Ocean City. Their attractive banquet area is of of the few oceanfront wedding venues in OC that allows outside catering. It’s convenient boardwalk location is close to several nice restaurants.
- The Carousel Hotel on 118th st. has several banquet rooms to accommodate receptions of any size. The impressive skating rink in the main lobby makes this one of Ocean City’s most unique hotels. A secluded pirate ship on the south beach is an ideal spot for little ringbearers and flower girls to get photos before the wedding.
- The Castle in the Sand on 37th st. is a laid back & beachy wedding venue. Want to get married by a Castle on the beach – What’s not to Love? Vibrant tiki bar popular with local surfers and volleyball players. Festive atmosphere with live music is ideal for casual ceremonies. One of two semi-private beaches that can accommodate pets in the wedding.
- The Courtyard Marriott on 15th st. is home to the Captain’s Table restaurant and piano bar. It has a nice banquet area that can accommodate close to 100 guests and also features an outdoor patio that can be used to host the cocktail hour. The rear of the restaurant can be secluded for intimate wedding receptions.
- The Holiday Inn Suites on 17th st. and the boardwalk has a beautiful pool with picturesque stairs leading to the beach. Hemingway’s restaurant is available for small receptions. It is one of the best venues for small weddings on the boardwalk.
- The Hilton on 32nd st. has a wonderful pool with majestic staircase leading to beach that is excellent for photos. 32 Palm restaurant is quite tasty and there is smaller meeting room that can be reserved by brides if there is a storm. There’s a Starbucks in the main lobby and vibrant outdoor pool bar. It’s one of the best wedding venues for couples eloping to Ocean City Maryland.
- The Doubletree Hotel on 33rd st. has been newly renovated and sits in an excellent location just a few blocks off the boardwalk. It’s home to the home to the Marlin Moon restaurant and features the largest wraparound suite in Ocean City (Suite 506 is amazing and sleeps up to 20 guests!) One of the best wedding venues in OC for large bridal parties to get ready.
- The Princess Royale on 91st st. has the best indoor pool in Ocean City. Features a huge underground banquet facility for hundreds of guests, a grassy knoll for outdoor cocktail hours and an on site spa for brides to get their hair and nails done before the nuptials. Their downstairs wedding venue can accommodate around 200 guests.
- The Golden Sands on 109th st. has a penthouse level banquet room that offers sweeping coastal views from 22nd floor with ceiling to floor windows overlooking the beach and ocean. It has the best view of any indoor wedding venue in Ocean City. There’s a Bridal changing area and an onsite catering team. The outdoor patio & beach bar is available for semi private ceremonies and cocktail hours.
- The Holiday Inn Oceanfront on 67th st. has the liveliest pool bar in town. Located within walking distance of Fager’s, Macky’s & Seacrets. Spacious second floor wedding venue for large receptions plus Touch of Italy Restaurant on the first floor.
- The Clarion on 101st st. has a semi-private beach that can accommodate leashed pets and alcohol for a fee. There are two large reception venues inside and an outdoor are for cocktail hours. Features oceanfront dining at Horizons and live entertainment on the outside deck. It is the best venue in Ocean City for weddings with pets but they do charge a fee.
- Princess Bayside has a semi private beach just steps from the hotel. An excellent choice for the spring or fall, this may have the best sunsets of any wedding venue in Ocean City. Just a two minute walk from Seacrets.
- Harrison’s Harbor Watch does not offer lodging but it does have the best views of any indoor restaurant in Ocean City. Located right at the inlet, wedding receptions on the second floor have brilliant views of Assateague island. Delicious seafood & raw bar!
- Though Lighthouse Sound is not technically in OC, this wedding venue has sweeping views of the Ocean City skyline and bay. Located on a lovely golf course nearby Bishopville, this gorgeous spot is only a 10 minute drive from the beach.
A Wedding Friendly hotel is critical to a stress free ceremony on the sand. These venues have large rooms available if there is an unexpected storm. Oceanfront hotels provide access to a mirror, bathroom & air condition until the last possible moment. Rooms with ocean view balconies offer brilliant pre ceremony photo opportunities + a back up plan for small ceremonies. If you’re getting married on the beach, make sure your hotel is on the ocean side of coastal highway so you can easily walk to your wedding.
If you’re getting married in downtown OC, try to stay on the north end of the boardwalk between 14th st. and 28th st. It’s much quieter than the downtown boardwalk and the beach is much narrower – which means you’ll have an easier walk to the sea.
Are Receptions allowed on the Ocean City Beach?
No. Our general advice for destination ceremonies is to keep it simple, fun & romantic. The average Maryland beach wedding has about 25 guests. Elopements are on the rise. Many couples are simply reserving a few tables at their favorite restaurant. Some couples are skipping the formal reception and heading right to the bar. They set up a tab at the bar with a password for their guests. Brides can set a limit with the bar and once the limit is reached, guests pay out of pocket for food and drinks. This is a great way to ensure all your guests get at least one cocktail and a bite to eat while keeping your “open bar” expense under control. If you are planning a large reception, you should contact a venue. The most convenient options are beachfront hotels. You can literally walk out to the beach for your ceremony and then walk back for your reception.
A room with a balcony overlooking the sea is an excellent investment. When you book your hotel, discuss in detail where the ceremony will be held if there is a storm. Get this in writing as there is an extreme amount of employee turnover in the Ocean City Wedding Venues. If you book your reception a year in advance it is very likely the person you spoke with will be gone when you finally arrive for your nuptials.