Rehoboth Beach Weddings
Rehoboth Beach is the most popular destination in Delaware for beach weddings. Positioned between Dewey Beach and Lewes, beach brides have flocking to Rehoboth for decades. We’ll go over the permits and marriage license and then rank the best wedding venues in Rehoboth Beach, DE. Elopement packages begin at just $550.
Do you need a Permit to get Married on the Beach in Rehoboth?
Yes, couples getting married on the sand will need a Rehoboth Beach Wedding permit. The fee for a wedding on the beach is $200. This includes a non-refundable permit fee of $50. The other $150 is a reservation fee that may be refunded if notice is given prior to the scheduled wedding date. Permits are issued by City Hall. The number is 302-227-6181. Neither amplification of music nor alcohol is allowed on the beach. During the busy season, Rehoboth beach weddings must take place either before 8 AM or after 6 PM.
Couples getting married on Rehoboth Beach will need a state issued Delaware Marriage License. The nearest location is the Sussex County Clerk in Georgetown, DE. The Marriage License must be issued at least one day prior to the ceremony.
Who can Legally perform a Rehoboth Beach Ceremony?
Any Wedding Minister or Officiant may perform a ceremony on Rehoboth Beach if they are legally ordained. Ministers may be required to provide a current Certificate of Ordination to validate the ceremony. Couples receive three copies of their Delaware Marriage License in a folder. Two witnesses and the Minister are required to sign each copy. The wed couple receives a copy, the Minister keeps one and the third is filed with the state after the wedding.
What are the Best Wedding Venues in Rehoboth?
Rehoboth has some of the finest wedding venues in Delaware. It’s delectable restaurants are renowned for imaginative cuisine and attention to detail. Many of the top vendors and venues can be found at the Seacrets OC Bridal Show in April. Here are our favorite 2021 Rehoboth Beach Wedding Venues:
- The Boardwalk Plaza Hotel has the best location of any wedding venue in Rehoboth. This beautiful Victorian Style retreat looks right out over the beach. The first floor banquet room is just steps from the boardwalk. The menu is delightful and the service is excellent. The front cover of Our Wedding Reception was shot from their rooftop terrace.
- Baywood Greens is the most spectacular wedding venue in the area. What keeps this from the top spot is its distance from the beach and major hotels. It sits on a beautiful golf course and lake. When you look out from the second floor banquet deck you may think you’re in Switzerland. An absolutely gorgeous venue!
- Salero is a magnificent ocean front venue. It’s penthouse banquet area features sweeping panoramic views with panoramic views of the beach below. Its sits above the Henlopen Hotel, making it ideal for accommodating large wedding parties.
- The Rehoboth Beach Country Club is a sublime venue that sits on the bay. It’s two story clubhouse has majestic sunset views and can seat 250 guests. Outdoor ceremonies are available on the manicured lawn overlooking the water.
- The Atlantic Sands Hotel is another oceanfront wedding venue. They have an impressive selection of cocktails, appetizers and mains. The 3,000 square foot ball room can hold several hundred guests.
- The Bellmore Inn and Spa is an intimate retreat for small ceremonies and elopements. It’s on site beauty salon makes it a perfect spot for Bridal parties to get ready. An absolute gem for honeymooners and bachelorette parties.
- Eden Restaurant is one of the most romantic restaurants in Rehoboth. Draped in classical elegance, this beautiful venue creates bold & sumptuous flavors from its aromatic kitchen. Perfect for rehearsal dinners and elopers.
With a plethora of top shelf venues, a bustling boardwalk and attractive beaches, it’s clear why Rehoboth Beach is the top wedding destination in Delaware.