Are Wedding Receptions Allowed on the Ocean City MD Beach?
Ocean City Maryland is an amazing spot for your Beach Wedding Ceremony! OC has won several awards for it’s pristine sandy beaches, natural habitats and family friendly entertainment. The gorgeous backdrop of surf and sand make it a dreamy option for any bride considering a destination wedding. Ocean City is a free public beach that is available for public use for ceremonies. The recommended times are outside of lifeguard hours. During the peak season of late May until early September, ideal ceremony times are from sunrise until nine in the morning or from five pm until sunset in the evening. Make sure you have a reliable and experienced photo and video team to capture the beautiful images you deserve.
One of the most asked questions we receive from our brides to be is: “Can we have our Reception on the Beach?” Receptions are not permitted on the Ocean City MD beach and here is a short version of why:
1) Alcohol is not permitted on the public beach
2) The FDA has strict guidelines on catering regulations and the beach does not meet their criteria for serving to the public
3) Even if the FDA wasn’t an issue, the risk of a gust of wind blowing sand on the food would still be there
4) Clean public restrooms for your guests can only be found at certain locations
5) Amplification of Music and Microphones are not permitted on the Ocean City MD Beach
So where can you have your Ocean City Beach Wedding Reception? OC has a plethora of top notch hotels and restaurants to choose from! The easiest way is to simply choose a nice venue for you and your guests and then have the ceremony on the beach right in front. Hotels are ideal because you can walk right out to your ceremony and then back inside for your reception. You can also enjoy some cocktails without having to worry about who is going to drive.
The best option is too keep it simple and fun. Planning your beach wedding should be an enjoyable experience. The Ocean City Bridal Show is the perfect event to meet the top wedding vendors on the eastern shore of MD and DE. This annual expo takes place the second Sunday of every April at Seacrets.